Join us for a day exploring the depth of our monastic tradition. Come and discover a wisdom that helps you make better choices and offers a way to God.
Who? Men and women aged 18 to 29
(OK, 30 if you insist)
Where? Douai Abbey near Reading.
Douai Abbey,Upper Woolhampton, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 5TQ
From 09.30 free shuttle bus available from MIDGHAM station to Douai Abbey
• Too many options: how do I make good choices?
• Bible time: reading scripture in a monastic way.
• Benedict’s Rule: A guide to more balance and less stress.
• Praying with monks and nuns
• A monastic celebration of the Mass
30th June 2018
What Does the Day Look Like?
09.30am | Onwards Arrivals and Registration
10.45am | Welcome
Throughout the day:
• Talks and Workshops
• Refreshments and Lunch in the refectory
04.00pm | Mass
05.00pm | Conclusion and shuttle bus to station
06.00pm | Vespers for those who wish with shuttle bus at 6.30pm
How Can I Get Involved?