Robert Igo BTh
Welcome to Ampleforth. Our community has a direct link with the pre-Reformation Benedictines. Exiled monks settled here in 1802 raising a first abbey church in 1857, before the present enlarged church was built in 1961. Members of the community are engaged in work in hospitality, in parishes, and as school chaplains. There is also a foundation in Macheke, Zimbabwe: the Monastery of Christ the Word.